Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Stitch Fix #6, A Review



I've noticed something in my old age (late 20something), QUALITY MATTERS. There was a time when I could walk in to TJMaxx or Forever21 and stock up on $9.99 clothing. Trends that lasted about a week, and then you were moving on to the next thing. That just doesn't work anymore. Quality matters, and I need pieces in my closet that are prepared to stand the test of time, and motherhood, and work, and whatever else my crazy hectic life throws at them. 

If you have followed my blog for any length of time you know I LOVE Stitch Fix and the services that they offer. We live in the middle of NOWHERE, and to get to any decent shopping it's at least a 45 minute drive one way. We stay so busy that shopping is nearly impossible. Stitch Fix delivers quality clothing right to my doorstep. I can try the clothes on in the comfort of my own home with the clothing pieces I already own. Not to mention you get your own stylist, which is pretty awesome and something this mommy on a budget couldn't normally afford without a service like this. 

So what is it?


You know I love a good subscription service, or at least trying it. This is similar except you get to pick when you want it shipped. You also get to pick how often you want them, or only schedule one. You aren't signing up for something that you will get every single month, unless that's what you choose. You can change it at any time!

You get to choose your price point. I, of course, selected the option for {the cheaper the better}.

After you sign up you complete a style profile, which I actually thought was kind of fun. You can even link your Pinterest board to the profile, which I recommend doing! Based on your preferences a stylist, assigned specifically to you will pick out 5 items for you. These items may be clothes or accessories. You pay a $20 styling fee, but that $20 can be applied towards your final purchase.

It's not all or nothing. You can choose which pieces you would like to keep, if any. If you keep everything they offer a 25% discount. You have three days to try the clothes on and decide. If you decide to send anything back they provide you with the bag and shipping label. It's super easy.

Before each fix you can also send your stylist a note explaining any special requests. Back in February I was requesting a lot of work appropriate items so this month, with our vacation to DISNEY coming up, I asked Janelle {my stylist} for pieces that were a little more fun and vacay friendly. 

What did I get?


MIZ MOOZ 

Serafina Slip-On Sneakers


My first impression: Hold the phone...SHOES! Yes, that's right Stitch Fix is now offering shoes. I knew this so I had these beauties pinned to my Pinterest board for Janelle well in advance. I was SURE these would be a keeper.



Trying it on: Insert sad face here. I wear a 6.5-7 in every pair of shoes that are in my closet. These are sized a 7, but are TOO SMALL. No fair! I have requested these in my next fix in a larger size if they have them.

Verdict: SO SO SO sad...sent back. 


COLLECTIVE CONCEPTS 

Demetri Button Down Blouse


My first impression: Eh, I didn't love the pink floral. This shirt was kind of screaming 9th grade to me.

Trying it on: This top was really not doing anything for me. I wasn't in love with the pattern and the fit made me look big on top and little on the bottom, which certainly is not the case I can assure you.

Verdict: Sent back!


PAPERMOON 

Hitomi Peplum Top


My first impression: This shirt has been pinned to my Pinterest board for a WHILE. I love the boho style, and the colors.

Trying it on: Unfortunately, the fit just wasn't right. I was hoping this shirt would be a bit more {flowy}. It had a weird elastic, cinched waist that isn't entirely obvious in this picture. Judging by the picture alone I would have kept it, and trust me I really wanted this to work out because it is 100% my style. The fit was just a little off and I couldn't justify keeping it.

Verdict: Again, sadly I had to send this one back.



HAILEY 23 

Sandee Dress


My first impression: I knew this was going to be bad from the moment I pulled it out of the box. Not feeling it at all from the get go.

Trying it on: I'm sorry, but I just couldn't bring myself to even show this dress on my body. It was AWFUL. I looked about 9 months pregnant. This dress hugged on to every single piece of my body and pretty much killed my self esteem. I totally understand what Janelle was trying to do because I have been pinning a lot of stripes, but NO.

Verdict: Back, NOW!


SKIES ARE BLUE 

Zemo Embroidered Top


My first impression: LOVE! The fabric was kind of a linen, and the detailing...well just judge for yourself...



Trying it on: WINNER! This is the perfect piece to add to my closet. I loved every single thing about it.

Verdict: Kept it!

What do you think? Did I make the right decision?

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix yourself and you found this blog informative please use my referral link to sign up. I will get a $25 credit, which will allow me to continue to do posts just like this one for you! Clearly, it is AWESOME so just go try it!

Want to check out my previous {fixes}?



STITCH FIX: MY 1ST FIX, A REVIEWSTITCH FIX: #2, A REVIEW




DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.

Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of valuable information. Thank you, in advance for your support!

No comments: