Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, March 7, 2016

My New Makeup Obsession



Sometimes change is good. I hate to admit this but I have been wearing the same brand of makeup since the 7th grade, which happens to be the first time I EVER used makeup. Bare Minerals has been my go-to forever. I don't like thick/cakey makeup. When mini d watches me put on my makeup my mantra is always {we are enhancing what God gave us, not covering it up}. 

As I have been getting older and well, aging, I have noticed that my face is changing. Makeup doesn't look the same on me as it used to. I NEED to bring youth back to my face. I'm only 26 for heaven's sake! I had all but given up until a Mommy friend of mine started selling Younique makeup. 


Now let me back up and say that I am normally 110% opposed to what appear to be pyramid/direct selling tactics. Whatever you want to call them. Please don't take offense, I know so many Mom's/women that are doing everything they can to better their families and I have the utmost respect for you. I also know many women that have been very successful at it, it just isn't my thing. 

I kept seeing Robyn post these before and after photo's and I saw many other women step up their makeup game by using this makeup. It's natural and it's good for your skin. I decided I would try the mascara when Robyn posted a discount sale in her group on Facebook. It was instant love. 



I have used the torture device also known as an eyelash curler since before I can remember and it wreaks havoc on your eyelashes. With the 3D Fiber Lashes I no longer need to curl my lashes. 



Some tips regarding the Mascara: Watch the application video BEFORE you attempt to use it for the first time and don't get too close to your eyeball. Also, I personally don't use the fibers on my bottom lashes, just the gel.

This mascara is water resistant but somehow magically comes off smoothly at the end of the day with a rag and warm water. I think this is one of my favorite things about it. With the mascara I previously used it was a fight to get it off and I had to purchase and use expensive eye makeup remover. When I woke up in the morning I had to re-remove it again because I somehow never managed to get it all off the night before. 

Needless to say I wanted needed MORE after using the mascara. So I contacted Robyn about the collections Younique had available at the time. She worked with me to determine which Collection would work best for me and which colors would be best for my skin tone. She did all of this from another State! 

I waited...impatiently...for my makeup to arrive. And then this happened...



You hear the angels singing too right?!

My thoughts after using these products? WHERE HAS THIS MAKEUP BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?!



It's SO smooth. This makeup offers the perfect amount of coverage without actually COVERING my face. All of the products blend perfectly to give you an overall clean and finished look. AND my face doesn't look shiny or oily by the end of the day, which has always been a constant struggle of mine. 

It's so hard for me to even choose favorites from these products. So far, I'm really loving the bronzer, bb cream, and mineral bisque. I didn't even know what bb cream was before trying Younique.




Let's also take a moment to appreciate the packaging of this makeup. I was paying the same price for comparable products with Bare Minerals but the packaging is the same as it was 15 years ago. The packaging of the Younique products is on a whole other level. You can feel the quality when you hold it in your hand. Not to mention quantity wise you are getting more product for your money with Younique

I am SO SO glad I decided to take the plunge and try this makeup. There is so much more I could say about it, but I have already pretty much written a book. With that being said, I am teaming up with my friend Robyn to bring Younique to YOU

Follow the link {HERE} and join in on the fun. You can thank me later!


DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.

Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of valuable information. Thank you, in advance for your support!

No comments: