Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stitch Fix: # 5, A Review




Ok so here's the deal. Before having a child I LOVED shopping. I loved scouring through thrift stores and department stores searching for the perfect piece of clothing at a steal of a price. Shopping was therapeutic and relaxing. Now fast forward a few years. I would rather go to the Dentist than try to shop with a toddler.

Let me just give you a peak in to my shopping attempts with my toddler...

Mommy, can we bring the stroller?
Sure, if you will actually sit in it.
Can I bring my baby? Yes.
Walks in store.
Mommy, I don't want to sit in the stroller. Climbs out of stroller. Throws baby on ground because apparently baby also hates the stroller.
Mommy, carry me.
No, please sit in the stroller.
Begin meltdown #1.
Laying in the floor screaming.
Try not to respond to meltdown. Everyone is staring at you.
Pick toddler up and put her in stroller with a warning.
Toddler sneaks out of stroller and starts running.
Chase after toddler while pulling the stroller and trying not to forget baby or lose your purse or your mind.
Toddler crawls in clothing rack.
Attempt to pull child from under clothing rack. Toddler grasps on to clothing rack as if their life depended on it and starts screaming like you are a kidnapper.
Yank child from clothing rack, grab the stroller, who cares where baby doll went.
Out the door to the car because God forbid you discipline your child in public and have DHR called on you.
When you finally make it to the car you vow to never step foot in a store again.

This is my life. Real life. This is why I Stitch Fix.


So what is it?

You know I love a good subscription service, or at least trying it. This is similar except you get to pick when you want it shipped. You also get to pick how often you want them, or only schedule one. You aren't signing up for something that you will get every single month, unless that's what you choose. You can change it at any time!

You get to choose your price point. I, of course, selected the option for {the cheaper the better}.

After you sign up you complete a style profile, which I actually thought was kind of fun. You can even link your Pinterest board to the profile, which I recommend doing! Based on your preferences a stylist, assigned specifically to you will pick out 5 items for you. These items may be clothes or accessories. You pay a $20 styling fee, but that $20 can be applied towards your final purchase.

It's not all or nothing. You can choose which pieces you would like to keep, if any. If you keep everything they offer a 25% discount. You have three days to try the clothes on and decide. If you decide to send anything back they provide you with the bag and shipping label. It's super easy.

Spoiler Alert: This time, I KEPT EVERYTHING!

Before each fix you can also send your stylist a note explaining any special requests. I was desperate for some work appropriate tops and pants that could easily transition in to Spring so that is specifically what I asked for this time. Of course, Janelle delivered.

What did I get?


Crescent
Catie Embroidered Top

My first impression: I'm not going to lie, I hated this top when I pulled it out of the box. I questioned Janelle's sanity. It looked like a maternity top mixed with one of mini d's dresses.

Trying it on: I put it on and before I even got to the mirror daddy d said, "wow that shirt actually looks really good." After looking at the pictures he took I will agree. Janelle wins, once again. This is why I let her shop for me. I paired it with the Kut from the Kloth jeans I kept in my January Fix, as she suggested. 

Verdict: Kept it!



Papermoon
Natalya Mixed Material Top

My first impression: The color was spot on, and I liked the detailing in the mixed materials.

Trying it on: This shirt is perfect for work or the weekend. The fit was excellent!

Verdict: Kept it!

Also pictured...

Kut from the Kloth
Siena Cropped Pant

My first impression: YES! Black pants for work in a brand I am quickly falling in love with.

Trying it on: I LOVE these pants. This brand is beyond comfortable, and $58.00 plus an additional 25% off is a steal for a pair of quality work pants.

Verdict: Kept them! 


Market & Spruce
Nolen Printed Detail Henley Tank

My first impression: My excitement about this shirt being in my box was probably borderline ridiculous. I pinned this shirt about a month ago in the hopes that my stylist would send me a similar style. I was SO excited to see I actually got the exact shirt!

Trying it on: The details really make this shirt. I think the picture speaks for itself. The fit and comfort of this shirt were perfect.



Verdict: Kept it!



If By Sea
Jael Crew Neck Blouse

My first impression: Again, I'm loving the color here. I was a little iffy about the material, but I liked the button detailing on the front.

Trying it on: Sometimes I'm weird about fabrics, but after putting this shirt on the fabric really didn't bother me. The shirt was light and airy. Another great option for work or casual enough to pair with my jeans on the weekend.

Verdict: Kept it! 

I feel like I should also share this cutie with you. She is modeling her Lularoe dress, or "Princess Dress" as she calls it. She has paired it with a black cardigan and black leggings. Of course she has accessorized with a bow. 




What do you think? Did I make the right decision keeping everything? I will say that the 25% off discount is pretty awesome!

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix yourself and you found this blog informative please use my referral link to sign up. I will get a $25 credit, which will allow me to continue to do posts just like this one for you! Trust me, Stitch Fix isn't paying me to write these for you, I assure you. I can promise you, you won't regret trying it. 

Want to check out my previous {fixes}?

STITCH FIX: MY 1ST FIX, A REVIEW




DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.

Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of valuable information. Thank you, in advance for your support!

No comments: