Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, February 1, 2016

Recipe Alert: Ooey Gooey Breakfast Ring

So, my family has come to expect me to cook breakfast on the weekends. I mean, who are these people?! Since when is cereal 7 days a week not good enough. Just kidding...

Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal of the day. I think I may have mentioned that once or twice. Sometimes I get bogged down in a pigs in a blanket / sausage casserole routine rut. That being said, I've been on the hunt for delicious breakfast ideas over the last month. Sometimes you have to actually dig through your cookbooks {or Pinterest} to find recipes you already know you love, but somehow you have forgotten about. This happens to me ALL THE TIME. I will cook something, and we will all love it. I even go to the trouble to add the recipe to my books, and then it's forgotten. If you'll remember we dug up some delicious Banana Nut Bread and Blueberry Muffin recipes earlier in January.

This weekend I found this little gem...





Ooey Gooey Breakfast Ring

This is not for the faint of taste-buds. This particular breakfast is SWEET and should be reserved only for those with the ultimate sweet tooth. It should also be eaten with a delicious cup of coffee on the side. YUMMY!

What do you need?

1.5 Large Tubes of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
3 Tablespoons of melted butter
1/2 Cup Pancake Syrup
1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup chopped Walnuts (or Pecans)

How do you make it?


Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray or rub down with oil. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Whisk your melted butter and syrup together until combined in a small bowl, set aside. In a separate bowl combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. 

Pour half of your syrup mixture in to the bottom of your dish. Then sprinkle half of your cinnamon/sugar mixture in to the dish. Next, layer your biscuits so that they are just overlapping around the dish. It didn't quite take two entire biscuit cans to fill my dish, more like one and a half. Pour your remaining syrup mixture over the top of the biscuits. Finally sprinkle your remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve immediately. 

Tip: This recipe makes an excellent Holiday breakfast!

No comments: