Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, January 25, 2016

Stitch Fix: # 4, A Review



Christmas has come and gone, and life has started to slow down {kind of, not really}. Is it just me or is January like the longest, most boring month of the year?! SERIOUSLY. It gets dark at 4:00 pm, it's frigid cold, AND it has been raining every other day. I'm so not a Winter person, sorry not sorry.

Anyway, I think it's clear I needed a little retail therapy to lift my spirits, or you know some random excuse to get a surprise in the mail all for me! With that said, my FOURTH Stitch Fix has arrived!





So what is it?

You know I love a good subscription service, or at least trying it. This is similar except you get to pick when you want it shipped. You also get to pick how often you want them, or only schedule one. You aren't signing up for something that you will get every single month, unless that's what you choose. You can change it at any time!

You get to choose your price point. I, of course, selected the option for {the cheaper the better}.

After you sign up you complete a style profile, which I actually thought was kind of fun. You can even link your Pinterest board to the profile, which I recommend doing! Based on your preferences a stylist, assigned specifically to you will pick out 5 items for you. These items may be clothes or accessories. You pay a $20 styling fee, but that $20 can be applied towards your final purchase.

This month my stylist, Janelle, actually pulled two sweaters straight off of my Pinterest board. Like the EXACT sweaters I pinned. She is awesome.

It's not all or nothing. You can choose which pieces you would like to keep, if any. If you keep everything they offer a 25% discount. You have three days to try the clothes on and decide. If you decide to send anything back they provide you with the bag and shipping label. It's super easy.

Before each fix you can also send your stylist a note explaining any special requests. 



Janelle and I are BFF's. She did so great on my last fix that I decided to keep her around for a while. Yes, you can request that. And, shocker, this fix was EVEN BETTER.

When you open your box there will be a styling card included, which I found super handy. I have an issue not knowing what pieces to put with what so this was great! Most of the items I never would have thought to wear the way the stylist presented them. And you get to keep the card. I like that this will help give me ideas for things I already have in my closet.



Pretty sure they need to replace the ink in their printer...just sayin'.





What did I get?




Mystree
Zac Faux Leather Panel Detail Pullover Sweater

My first impression: I pinned this EXACT sweater a month or so back to my Pinterest board. I was ecstatic to see it in my box! I couldn't wait to get this on. 

Trying it on: I wanted this to work out. Unfortunately, it was just too big. I know it's supposed to be an over-sized sweater, but take a look at my hands. The sleeves were too long, and there was just too much bulk going on.

Verdict: Sent Back! Sadly.




Market & Spruce
Carly Graphic Print Cardigan

My first impression: A second item I pinned to my Pinterest board. I love the pattern on this sweater, and that it has an open front. 

Trying it on: I'm in love with this sweater. I have absolutely no other item in my closet like this one. Unfortunately, the price tag was just a little too steep for my budget at $78. Don't get me wrong, the quality was well worth the money, I just couldn't justify the excess expense for one single piece of clothing that had such a "trendy" pattern. 

Verdict: Sent it back! I will probably regret this one.


Also pictured....check out these AWESOME jeans!

Kut from the Kloth
Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jeans

My first impression: I really, really don't need another pair of jeans. 

Trying it on: I have a problem with jeans. Maybe more of an addiction. These jeans are what dreams are made of. They fit me like they were tailored for my body. I also don't have a pair of boyfriend jeans and have been on the hunt for the perfect pair for quite some time.If you will remember, I was sent a pair in my second fix in a lighter wash made by this company. I loved that pair as well, but they were too big so I had to send them back. 

Verdict: Kept them! Daddy d also gave his seal of approval so keeping these was not a hard decision for me at all!



Pixley
Alison Swing Dress

My first impression: YES, NAVY! 

Trying it on: I have a navy obsession. This is good and it's bad. Unfortunately, I have three other dresses hanging in my closet already all too similar to this one, AND navy. This is what happens when your stylist knows you a little too well.  

Verdict: Sent it back!


I have to say, I did love the pocket detail on this one though!



Pixley
Lenhan Laser Cut Blouse

My first impression: Bleh, I love stripes, but not these stripes.

Trying it on: Navy and stripes? This should have been a sure win for me. Unfortunately, this was the only item in my fix I didn't like at all. The stripes were too narrow, and I'm not a fan of the material or the cut-outs. The sleeves were also a little long and constricting on my arms.

Verdict: Sent it back!





What do you think? Did I make the right decision on my purchase? Would you have kept something different?

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix yourself and you found this blog informative please use my referral link to sign up. I will get a $25 credit, which will allow me to continue to do posts just like this one for you! Trust me, Stitch Fix isn't paying me to write these for you, I assure you. I can promise you, you won't regret trying it. 




Want to check out my previous {fixes}?

Stitch Fix: My 1st Fix, A Review


No comments: