Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, November 2, 2015

Stitch Fix: # 3, A Review


I don't think I could be any more excited that I'm FINALLY receiving my third Stitch Fix!!!

Ok maybe I could be more excited, this is my excited face...


HA! You should know that this is completely awesome, and oh so addicting. This is my fair warning...

So what is it?

You know I love a good subscription service, or at least trying it. This is similar except you get to pick when you want it shipped. You also get to pick how often you want them, or only schedule one. You aren't signing up for something that you will get every single month, unless that's what you choose. You can change it at any time!

You get to choose your price point. I, of course, selected the option for {the cheaper the better}.

After you sign up you complete a style profile, which I actually thought was kind of fun. You can even link your Pinterest board to the profile, which I recommend doing! Based on your preferences a stylist, assigned specifically to you will pick out 5 items for you. These items may be clothes or accessories. You pay a $20 styling fee, but that $20 can be applied towards your final purchase.

It's not all or nothing. You can choose which pieces you would like to keep, if any. If you keep everything they offer a 25% discount. You have three days to try the clothes on and decide. If you decide to send anything back they provide you with the bag and shipping label. It's super easy.


Before each fix you can also send your stylist a note explaining any special requests. This time I specifically requested a leather tote, similar to the one Joanna Gaines carries, she is totally my girl crush right now. I also requested some transitional pieces for Fall. My stylist delivered on every single request! I've requested to keep Janelle around for a while. She even reads my blog...cue blushing now.



When you open your box there will be a styling card included, which I found super handy. I have an issue not knowing what pieces to put with what so this was great! Most of the items I never would have thought to wear the way the stylist presented them. And you get to keep the card. I like that this will help give me ideas for things I already have in my closet.






I received my Fix on Friday and we were heading out to our favorite spot for a little {glamping} for the weekend. I couldn't wait to open my box so I took a peak at my style cards before we hit the road. It wasn't until the next day that I actually got to try my clothes on, which of course felt like an eternity. When we go to "the river" I wear zero make-up and in many cases I didn't have shoes on. Another warning for the pictures that are to come... 

What did I get?


Market & Spruce
Mainy Pullover Sweater

My first impression: This material, OMG. Unfortunately, I knew immediately I had almost this exact sweater already hanging in my closet. 

Trying it on: I was SO tempted to keep this even having its' twin in my closet already. The material felt just as good on as it did when I first pulled it out of the box. I had to use my Accountant brain to talk myself out of keeping this one.

Verdict: Sent Back! Sadly.



Mavi
Mauli Stitch Detail Knit Top

My first impression: I loved the color and the material, but I wasn't sure about the style. The line across the top was throwing me.

Trying it on: This top hugged me in all the wrong places. I wanted it to work, but no. Just no.

Verdict: Sent Back! 



Just Black
Jimmy Skinny Jeans

My first impression: I just bought a pair of dark wash skinny jeans from New York and Company...for $10.

Trying it on: I knew I wouldn't keep these from the moment I opened the box. I will say that the fit was pefrect, and the wash. Unfortunately, these weren't as buttery soft as the pair they sent my in my last fix

Verdict: Sent Back!


Skies are Blue
Sia Embroidery Peasant Top

My first impression: It was love at first sight. This shirt has my name ALL OVER IT.

Trying it on: There was no way this shirt was going back, it was mine from the moment I saw it. The fit was perfect, the style was perfect. My stylist nailed this one!


And I can dress it up for work! Gasp! White pants after labor day, what can I say, I'm a rebel. 

Let's all take a moment and thank the good Lord for make-up. We can all see the improvement. Clearly. Excuse the odd yellow tint of this photo, it was pouring rain outside this morning! Mini d just HAD to join me for a picture.


And then she wanted one of her own. My little model...

Verdict: Kept it! And her, she is just the cutest isn't she!

And then there was this bag...



Street Level
Highland Genuine Leather Tote

My first impression: This bag was exactly what I had asked for. It was beautiful.

Trying it on: I wanted to keep this bag SO SO badly. I would pick it up and put it down. I would convince myself to send it back and the next thing I knew I was convinced I was keeping it. The leather was like butter, and the smell....mmmmm


I almost wanted to cry when I put it in the return bag and sent it back. It needed a tad more structure and a lower price tag. I just couldn't justify $95 right now, leather or not. 

Verdict: Sent Back! I'm probably going to regret this...



I was on the fence about almost every item this time. The more you do it the better they get, which makes it hard if you are on a budget like I am! I have requested to keep Janelle my stylist for my future {fixes}. She gets me.

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix yourself and you found this blog informative please use my referral link to sign up. I will get a $25 credit, which will allow me to continue to do posts just like this one for you! Trust me, Stitch Fix isn't paying me to write these for you, I assure you. I can promise you, you won't regret trying it. 


Want to check out my previous {fixes}?

Stitch Fix: My 1st Fix, A Review





DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.
Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of valuable information. Thank you, in advance for your support!


No comments: