Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

DIY Pallet Pumpkin


The break of Fall and Spring are my two FAVORITE times of year. You can literally smell Fall in the air, even if it is still 90 degrees outside. We don't really get in to decorating for Halloween, but decorating for Fall is a whole different story!

Let me just say, I LOVE pumpkins. I'm seriously one of those super annoying pumpkin {everything} people. We currently have a pallet abundance at my house just screaming for free projecting, my favorite kind!

As usual, I approached Daddy D with a Pinterest plan to make pumpkins from some of our pallets. I assured him they would be super easy and take no time at all...2 hours later....


In all honesty the project didn't take THAT long considering the amount of work that we put in to it and the fact that other than some orange paint it was free. Because you know labor isn't worth much more than kisses around here. Wink wink.


As you can see, mini d was working really hard on this project! We had to re-fuel with some popsicles. Orange of course.

Now, what you really want to know, how did we do it?

Supplies

Pallet (one for each pumpkin)
Orange outdoor paint
 - Yes we could have used spray paint, but painting it by hand was way more fun!
One large stick
Nails, Hammer, Jigsaw, Pencil

How did we do it?

Daddy D pulled the pallet apart using whatever manly ways possible and removed the already existing nails. 


He is so stinkin' cute, right?! I know.

We lined the boards up vertically next to each other and using a pencil I drew out the pumpkin.

Daddy d then used a jigsaw to cut the boards to size.

Using spare pieces of the pallet he nailed the pumpkin back together and attached a random stick we had laying in the barn (for whatever reason).  Daddy d has hoarding tendencies and although that doesn't fly in the house I leave the barn alone. At any given time there are all sorts of random things in there, which actually does come in handy sometimes. Shhhh....don't tell him I said that.

Mini d and I then worked together to paint the pumpkins, which was a fun project for all of us! Then Daddy d and I worked together to spray mini d off with a water hose. HA! She had a little too much fun painting.



The end result was exactly as I had envisioned, and so worth the time and effort we put in to it!

No comments: