Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mini D is TWO


Where has  my baby gone? Mini d is two and we had a fabulous Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party this past weekend! 

It's funny, we let mini d pick out her invitations a while back. We chose between Minnie Mouse and Strawberry Shortcake. She chose Strawberry Shortcake, obviously, and I ordered the invitations {from Etsy of course}. Within a week she was convinced she no longer wanted a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party, she was sure she wanted Minnie Mouse {typical toddler}. She told everyone that asked her she was having a Minnie Mouse birthday party. Luckily we worked through our denial issues and had a blast at the Strawberry Shortcake party. I think the fact that she gets to go to "Minnie Mouses Castle" (sorry Cinderella) in October helped persuade her a little.

Let me just be honest and say I don't believe in planning extravagant, expensive birthday parties. We do celebrate birthdays in a big way, but we believe that doesn't have to be done through spending hundreds and even thousands of dollars on parties that only last a few hours. 

All that said, I think we did a decent job, everything looked nice, and she enjoyed herself so much that she was passed out by 5:30 pm. 


Balloons - Purchased wholesale from my Mother's store. 

Chalkboard was purchased second-hand and chalk markers were borrowed. 


The napkins and plastic dinnerware were all purchased from a mommy friend of mine that had extras left after her little's 1st birthday party. They were even pre-wrapped!

Plates and straws were leftover from mini d's 1st birthday party. 


I SO have a weakness for cake cookies. Or really just cake and cookies in general. Ok all things sweet. We weren't even planning on having any, but when I went to Winn Dixie the day before the party and they had these marked down to $1 I couldn't pass them up!

Side Note: This serving dish was a wedding gift and to this day is still one of my very favorite gifts we have ever received. 


My amazingly talented sister, Lindsey, made the cupcakes for the party as a gift. They were DELICIOUS. I'm still eating on leftovers for breakfast. 

Cake for breakfast = WIN

Frugal Find: I found the dessert stand at Dillards marked down to $7 last year! 


Cookie isle finds for our BERRY SWEET Celebration!

Who knew they made berry oreos with pink filling?!



We had mini peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches, to the left of the picture.

We also had a healthier option of fresh strawberries and blueberries.

And of course, Little Debbie had to make an appearance with her strawberry cake rolls. Yum!!


These brightly colored lanterns were purchased second-hand. We hung them over the dining room table.


Someone was angry that she had to take a group picture with all of her friends before opening presents. 

It's my party I can cry if I want to....

Couldn't help but share that one. You know you were singing it too. HA!

All-in-all we had a wonderful celebration of mini d. We are so thankful that we got to spend the day with so many friends and family. She is one blessed little girl!



PS: I've had some comments asking about my dress in the first picture. I snuck in to our local Christian Mission while I was running party errands Friday and ran across this gem! Most definitely worth $3!!! Score!




No comments: