Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Inside Our Windows - Mud Room

You know what's fun? Watching HGTV. I love HGTV, and yes you can watch most of the shows on Netflix! See how we got unplugged from cable {here}.

Random Fact: Fixer Upper is my FAVORITE. Go figure.

I love watching HGTV because it allows me to peak inside someone else's house, they're life. I love getting new decorating ideas and seeing how other people choose to decorate the space that they call home. Whether we choose to believe it or not how we live in our home usually says a lot about us.

I thought it might be fun to allow you to peak inside our windows. Through a series of posts I will show you bits and pieces of the place that our family calls home. I will try to explain where most of our pieces came from and the meaning behind them.


Our Mud Room 

The first place most people see when they enter our house. 

This is the South, people NEVER go to the front door. If someone is at the front door they are usually trying to sell you something.

This bench is probably one of my most favorite pieces of furniture in our house. Growing up we would always take a girls family trip on the World's Longest Yard Sale. I would save up my money all year long to go on this trip. When we built our house my mother, grandmother, and I decided to take one last trip. I had a list of items I knew I wanted, and a set budget for each item. At $200 this bench was out of my budget. I probably walked by it twenty times before my grandmother offered to pay for half of it as a birthday gift. It will always be special to me even if just for that reason. 

Daddy d built my cross, and it is an important reminder as each and every person walks in our door that our house is protected by God and what we stand for. 

I have no idea what you would call our "hat hanger" that hangs so many more items than just hats. This also came from the World's Longest Yard Sale and was a steal at $20. Looking back I wish I had purchased more of these. The guy selling them had SO many.

Above that hangs a picture frame that Daddy d bought for me as a gift when we first got married. It has one of my very favorite bible verses on it.

1 Corinthians 13: 4 -7 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The pillows came from TJMaxx for $10 each. The yellow brings a nice pop of color to the area. As I am sure you will soon realize, we {love} color.

Our mud room is so much more than the name implies. It is the entry to our lives and our home. Each room in our house serves a different purpose and has a different story. Just as the pieces we choose to put in each room have they're own story.


No comments: