Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Friday, August 7, 2015

Inside Our Windows - Office Space

Let's play catch-up, if you are new to my blog you may want to start with my first post in this series.

Inside Our Windows - Mud Room

Thoughts behind the series, just to re-cap: I thought it might be fun to allow you to peak inside our windows. Through a series of posts I will show you bits and pieces of the place that our family calls home. I will try to explain where most of our pieces came from and the meaning behind them.


It's funny how our priorities change after we have children. We have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house, with a bonus room. Before mini d our bonus room was my office.  Over the last two years I have been bumped from the bonus room to our dining room, which is massive so at least we had the room. 

I actually love the idea of a {command center} instead of a room dedicated to the office/computer. As mini d gets older and is required to use the computer for school we would like to have it out in the open. A place where she can do her work, but still be part of the family. And let's face it, the internet is scary. We think that requires some supervision, just sayin'. Raise your hand if you're a helicopter mom...I've got both of mine raised. Sorry not sorry.

Our gorgeous blue desk came from an indoor flea market/antique store in Dothan, Alabama called Land of Cotton. We purchased it a few months ago when we decided to officially move the office. It was already the exact color we were looking for when we found it so it didn't require much work on our part. 

I have had this chair since my college days. I have always been in love with the colors. I only paid $15 for it at an antique store in Troy, Alabama. It was stuck in the back of an attic area and was literally calling my name. At the time I had nowhere to put it, but I couldn't leave the store without it.

See how I made our art display {here}. Mini d loves coming in from Daycare and hanging up her artwork for everyone to see and brag on. 

The basket came from TJ Maxx. One of my favorite stores. I use it to store documents and paperwork in. It just needs a lock so I can keep mini d from pulling everything out.

The frames were purchased wholesale from a dealer at market in Atlanta, Georgia. I don't remember the name of the vendor anymore, but we bought multiples and they show up all throughout our house.

When we built our house I don't think it ever crossed my mind that I would one day have a {command center} in our dining room. Now, I wouldn't change it for anything. I love our little work nook. We spend more time playing at home these days than we do working anyway!

No comments: