Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stitch Fix: My 1st Fix, A Review


It's here, it's here, it's FINALLY here! In all seriousness, it only took about a week from the time I scheduled my first fix until it arrived beautifully in all of it's surprise mommy present glory.

I had been hearing about Stitch Fix for over a year, and had even signed up a whiiiilllleee back. My birthday was this month so I decided to treat myself and finally made the jump. I am SO SO glad I did.

So what is it?

You know I love a good subscription service, or at least trying it. This is similar except you get to pick when you want it shipped. You also get to pick how often you want them, or only schedule one. You aren't signing up for something that you will get every single month, unless that's what you choose. I've selected the every-other-month option. You can change it at any time!

You get to choose your price point. I, of course, selected the option for {the cheaper the better}.

After you sign up you complete a style profile, which I actually thought was kind of fun. You can even link your Pinterest board to the profile, which I recommend doing! Based on your preferences a stylist, assigned specifically to you will pick out 5 items for you. These items may be clothes or accessories. You pay a $20 styling fee, but that $20 can be applied towards your final purchase.

It's not all or nothing. You can choose which pieces you would like to keep, if any. If you keep everything they offer a 25% discount. Keeping everything just isn't in my budget so I knew going in to it I would only be keeping one or two pieces. You have three days to try the clothes on and decide. If you decide to send anything back they provide you with the bag and shipping label. It's super easy.


Before each fix you can also send your stylist a note explaining any special requests. My next fix will arrive just before our Disney vacation. I've requested some specific items just for that trip!

When you open your box there will be a styling card included, which I found super handy. I have an issue not knowing what pieces to put with what so this was great! Most of the items I never would have thought to wear the way the stylist presented them. And you get to keep the card. I like that this will help give me ideas for things I already have in my closet.



What did I get?

Disclaimer: Please ignore the appearance of my face in these pictures and the lighting. It was late at night, seriously like 9:00 pm. I had been to work, the gym, and mini d's toddler gymnastics class. It was dark in my dining room and Daddy D (my photographer) and I were whooped to say the least. 


Kahlo Embroidered Solid Tank

Price: $38

My first impression: When I first pulled this out of the box I knew it was love. The material was buttery soft, and the colors were perfect. I don't have anything in my closet like this already. 

Trying it on: It fit perfectly! Great for a casual Mommy outfit without looking too "Mommyish".

Verdict: Kept it! 


Huron Mixed-Material Reversible Tote

Price: $54

Mr first impression: Wow this is big. 

Thoughts on wearing it: This wasn't love from the beginning. The bag is huge. Don't get me wrong, I love a big bag, but this was more like a carry-on. I also wasn't a fan of the colors and the price was a little steep for me.

Verdict: Sent it back! 



Lex Textured Floral Knit Fit & Flare Dress

Price: $74

My first impression: I liked the fit & flare, but was just iffy on the dress. 

Trying it on: It was awful. I debated even taking a picture. The neckline hit in a weird place. I like vintage, but this was straight old lady. And the price tag, NO WAY. 

Verdict: Sent it back!


Kiley Zip Legging

Price: $58

My first impression: I LOVE leggings, but it is Africa HOT outside. The zipper added a great detail.

Trying them on: I wanted to love these. They fit perfectly in the legs, but I kept having to pull up the waist. It's too HOT outside for me to feel fallish enough to get in the mood to even find a top to wear with these. Maybe in a couple of months.

Verdict: Sent them back!

Janee Maxi Dress

Price: $68

My first impression: It's a maxi dress so naturally I love it. I wasn't sure about the colors though, and I do have another dress very similar to this already.

Trying it on: It was too big. I held it in place with my hand for the picture. A belt may have helped, but for the price I just wasn't feeling it. I will say that the material was to die for! It was silky smooth. Maybe in a smaller size, with a different pattern. Ok maybe just a totally different dress.

Verdict: Sent it back!


I did only keep one piece, but since that was my initial plan I wasn't bummed at all. I loved the item that I ended up with. I had a $25 referral credit so I only ended up paying $13 for this top! 

The prices were typical for boutiques, but the quality was much better. I loved being exposed to new brands and ideas. I did request that my next fix include some less pricey pieces. 

Overall, I loved the Stitch Fix experience and do plan on doing it again in a couple of months! My favorite part was the surprise factor. I think the more I do it the more the stylist will get accustomed to my likes and dislikes. I already can't wait until my next Fix!

It you would like to try Stitch Fix help a Mommy out! Use my link to sign up and I will receive a referral credit. Here's the {LINK}





DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.
Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of valuable information. Thank you, in advance for your support!

No comments: