Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Recipe Alert: Oven Baked Tacos


We are a taco lovin' family, and I'm always looking for new and different ways to cook them. This recipe was born out of innovation. I was trying to cook enchiladas when I realized I bought HOT enchilada sauce instead of mild. I decided to sub the taco sauce from the box in for the enchilada sauce and just like that our oven baked tacos were born. 

What do you need?

Soft Taco Kit 
- Old El Paso is my favorite because for some reason their tortillas are way better than any other kit we have tried. That being said, I usually just buy the kits that are BOGO so we got lucky last night with this one.

2 Cups Shredded Cheese 
- I had two bits and pieces of bags. One was sharp cheddar and the other was Mexican. It really doesn't matter either way. I was just using up what we had leftover.

1 lb Ground Meat (beef, turkey, deer - your choice)

Sour Cream - Optional

How do you make it?

Preheat oven to 350.

Brown meat on stove and drain. Mix in taco seasoning and water as directed on the box. Heat on the stove until the meat is seasoned. 

Place a strip of meat on a flour tortilla and roll up, placing in a casserole dish as you go. Do this until you run out of meat or tortillas. Usually I will run out of meat first.

Cover with taco sauce from kit. Cover with shredded cheese.

Bake until the cheese bubbles. Usually about 8 minutes for us.

Serve with sour cream on the side, optional.

You can also add re-fried beans to your tacos to dress it up a bit. 

Lettuce, Tomato, and Salsa are good toppers to add too. 



PS: Purchase a can of enchilada sauce and use instead of the taco sauce. Now you have enchiladas! It's two recipes in one.


No comments: