Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Friday, July 24, 2015

Recipe Alert: Italian Cheese Crusted Tilapia


This is seriously one of the easiest dinner recipes EVER. Shocker, it's also semi-healthy. I think.

I'm always kind of scared to cook fish, not sure why, but alas I am. Normally, Daddy d cooks the fish in our house. This recipe is so {fool proof} even I can cook it. Except that one time I caught the pan on fire. Yeah, that was last night.

Tip: When using the broiler don't rub the tin foil on the pan down with olive oil before cooking. Unless you want a magical fire show. Mini d thought it was pretty cool. Luckily I didn't burn my fish or myself or my house down.

Anyway, this is SO easy and SO fast!

What do you need? 

4 (or in our case 5) Tilapia Fillets (defrosted if frozen)
- We only had 5 pieces left in the bag so I cooked all 5.

1/3 cup Italian Cheese Blend

1/8 cup Butter

1 1/2 Tablespoon Mayo
-For a healthier option use plain greek yogurt. We use mayo.

1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

1/2 Teaspoon Dill

Pepper to taste

How do you make it?

Turn your broiler on high, making sure your top rack is on the highest setting.

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except tilapia and set aside.


Place tilapia fillets on a foil lined pan.


Broil fillets for 3 minutes.

Remove from oven, flip over, and equally divide mixture over tilapia fillets.

Return to oven and broil for an additional 4 minutes.



And that's it! I served with a fresh salad and rice. Ok the salad may have been left over from earlier in the week, but it wasn't brown yet, win! We made our own ranch for the salad, of course we had ranch. The rice was the store brand boil in a bag rice. I just added a little butter, salt, and pepper to the rice. The entire meal took a max of 15 minutes to throw together. Easy peasy!



No comments: