Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, July 27, 2015

Meal Plan Monday


SERIOUSLY?! Who is stealing my weekends. Why is it already Monday again? 

We had a super busy weekend between our nephew's third birthday party {check out our cutie racing at the Car's themed party, my sister-in-law is so crafty} and prepping for mini d's birthday party next weekend! We cleaned house, cut grass, stained columns, planted plants, and pressure washed the house. Whew! And we still aren't finished yet!



But let's get down to business, what are we eating for dinner this week?

Sunday:

Home Fried Chicken Strips

Fried = Glorious

Chicken purchased in bulk from Sam's and frozen in our deep freezer. Unthawed in the sink. Farmhouse style.

Cut in to strips and tossed in buttermilk. 

I usually don't have buttermilk so I just improvise with milk and lemon juice. This weekend I purchased buttermilk to use in a homemade waffle recipe that I found on Pinterest. Daddy d bought me a waffle maker for my birthday, he knows breakfast is my favorite. Well, the waffles were a disaster, but at least now we had some buttermilk to use!


They looked prettyish, but they didn't taste pretty. Promise.


FYI: 1 tablespoon lemon juice to 1 cup milk = buttermilk

Sorry, got off track. Next, toss in a mixture of flour, pepper, and seasoned salt. Similar to how I fried those veggies {here} remember?!

Creamed Corn - From the garden!


{Pre-Creaming}


Peas - From our garden/freezer stash

Bring to a boil, add a little water. Add salt, a little sugar, and bacon. Cook until the peas are no longer crunchy. Make sure you are tasting your {pea soup} along the way to ensure you don't over-salt or sugar. It's better to under-salt and let everyone add their own, personal preference.

Monday:

Baked Taco's - Click the link for the recipe!

Tuesday:

It's board meeting night! The fourth Tuesday of every month I have a board meeting. SO Daddy d will be in charge of dinner, or my mother-in-law. I bet you can guess which one, what can I say, she spoils us!

Wednesday:

Gymnastics night! Are we predicable or what?! You know we are planning to have Zaxby's. And you know what, I have no desire to have any other sort of fast-food for our Wednesday night on-the-go ritual. I LOOOOOOVE Zaxby's sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it, and I JUST had lunch!   

Thursday:

Sloppy Joe's

Brown your hamburger meat, drain, and stir in a can of sloppy joe mix. Serve on buns. Ta da! 

Baked Tater Tots

You know I'm all about quick and easy, but I also am baking cupcakes on Thursday to take to mini d's daycare on Friday so I needed REALLY quick and easy.

Friday

Supporting our FAVE local spot, Cutts

Saturday

This is mini d's birthday party day so dinner is up in the air! It will be a crazy busy day so who knows. Don't worry, birthday party details to come!

No comments: