Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, July 20, 2015

IPSY: A Mommy Review


Confession Time: I have a love for subscription services, or at least trying them. I love presents and surprises, who doesn't?!

I debated between Ipsy and Birchbox (which I still haven't tried yet). A friend recommended Ipsy so that ended up being my deciding factor. I completed their style profile, and "skipped the waiting list" to get my subscription scheduled. 

Ipsy will usually tell you that they have a wait list. In order to get off of the "wait list" you have to subscribe to a bunch of different things. That part was kind of annoying.

I was excited when I FINALLY received my bag, it seemed like the shipping process took a while. Or I'm just impatient. Probably the latter. 

My favorite product from the subscription was this Pop Bronzer. I have actually implemented it in to my daily makeup routine, and it was full size. 

Unfortunately that was the only product that I loved. 

The sunscreen oil definitely isn't going to cut it for this fair-skinned Mommy. I would turn in to a french fry within 5 minutes of being in the sun using an 08 oil. Ahhhhhh to be tan. 

The beach spray also isn't something I would ever use. While it did smell nice, my hair just wasn't meant to be {pretty} curly. I have to use heating tools (straightener) or I end up with a poofy afro. Not good, I promise.

Although I have a love for bare minerals the sample they sent was a strange color, and there were no instructions on how to use it. I didn't have time to research how I was going to use it so it ended up in the trash.

Lastly, the lip stain. Bright pink just really isn't my color. I consider myself a fun person, but that was just a little too fun for my face. 

Overall I felt like Ipsy just didn't "get me." I don't think they even considered my style profile. I was pretty sad that I didn't LOVE it, but was happy I at least got one great product out of the bag so I didn't feel like I wasted my money.

If you would like to try it for yourself you can visit this link {Ipsy}. Maybe you will have better luck than I did! If you do decide to try it let me know how you like it (or don't). 

DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.

Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of valuable information. Thank you, in advance for your support!

No comments: