Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Easy Peasy, {No Bake} 4th of July Dessert


Red, White, & Blueberry Shortcake

From heading to the beach to grilling in the backyard the Fourth of July is always a celebration at our house! It's no secret in my family that I have a {love} for all things SWEET

My favorite "go to" recipe for all holiday's red, white, and blue is this gorgeous Berry Shortcake. It has the perfect amount of light and fluffiness for a hot summer afternoon BBQ. Not to mention it is SO easy to make! 

So what do you need?

One pre-made Angel Food Cake
- I usually purchase mine from the bakery section at Publix
- If you can bake your own, more power to you! That would just take all of the easy peasy out of it for me.

16 ounces of Lite Cool Whip (this is the big container, or two small ones)
- I buy the lite because it saves a few calories and no one notices! 
- I have also purchased the store brand cool whip, and it tastes just the same. You know I'm all about saving money!

One package fresh strawberries

One package fresh blueberries

Hint: If you plan to go crazy with the fruit you may end up needing two containers of each. 

How do you put it together?

Cube your angel food cake, as shown below. 


Place a layer of cubed shortcake in the bottom of your serving dish.

Spread a layer of cool whip.

Slice your strawberries, and then spread a layer of strawberries (use sparingly or you will run out). Make sure you face some of them outwards for appearance, as seen in my picture above. 

Sprinkle a few blueberries (rinse them first).

Repeat layers until you run out of cake. I usually can get three layers of cake. 

Decorate the top using the remainder of your cool whip, blueberries, and strawberries. 

Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.



That's it! So easy, and looks really impressive if I do say so myself. 

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: