Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, May 4, 2015

Why I Wear a One-Piece



Confession time: Growing up I rocked my skimpy two-piece bikini and didn't think a second about it. Even after I got married I never thought twice. I felt good about myself, and my husband thought I was hot.

Now after having a baby, by some miracle of God (breastfeeding and the gym), my body actually looks better than it did before. But this time I'm rocking the one-piece, and no I'm not talking about that fake one-piece with the holes in the side.

But why?

Having a little girl has changed my views on A LOT. I realize that I am the ultimate role model for my daughter. Case in point, I painted my toenails this weekend and guess who immediately has to have her toenails painted?! Yepp! She wants to be JUST LIKE MOMMY. And you know what, this Mommy doesn't want her sweet little innocent baby showing the world her tummy. I want her to grow up to respect her body, and to save those most intimate parts of herself for the man God has chosen for her to spend her life with. Which I hope is in a million billion years. Actually she can just stay with me forever, just kidding, maybe.


Just for fun, mini-d at the beach this past weekend! 
She's living the good life!

How could I expect her to wear a one-piece or a tankini when I was walking around in a bikini? I couldn't. So I traded in my sexy two-piece bikini for a modest, but also still sexy one-piece. Because hey, who says a one-piece can't be sexy?! Even without giant holes in the side! Let's leave something to the imagination ladies! Men like a little mystery!

My husband still thinks I'm sexy. Shocker he actually loves my one-piece. He also loves knowing I am setting a good, Godly example for our daughter.

Would I have a different opinion if we had, had a son?

The answer is no. And this is why...I would want to set an example for my son of what he should expect in a future life partner. That he shouldn't settle for anything less than a classy, intelligent, self-respecting, woman of God.

Look, I'm not shaming anyone for what they choose to wear or how they choose to portray their self image. I'm merely explaining my reasoning on why we do what we do. We may seem a little crazy, but hey, I think we all are a little crazy sometimes! It's the people that don't think they are a little crazy, those are the ones you have to watch out for!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 

1 Timothy 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,

Much Love, Misti

No comments: