Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Recipe Alert: Crock-Pot Chicken Taco's


It's Cinco de Mayo so I may as well share my FAV recipe for Chicken Taco's! 

What you need?!
2 - 4 boneless chicken breasts
**If they are large you will only need 2**
Taco Kit 
Packet of Ranch Seasoning
Chicken Broth

Optional Ingredients:
Shredded Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Salsa 
Sour Cream
Tomato 

Ok so I purchase my meat quarterly at Sam's for the cheapest available price, thus I already have it frozen in my freezer when I'm ready to cook this meal. I also already have a taco dinner kit because I would have stocked up when Publix ran them on BOGO. They run the taco dinner kits regularly and I make sure I never run out! Generally I have everything else I need in my fridge! Sometimes I may need to buy the salsa and sour cream. Store brand salsa and sour cream will work! 

Unthaw your frozen chicken the night before in the fridge. If you forget to unthaw it, it's no biggie! You can stick it straight from the freezer to the crock pot. I prefer unthawing it because I believe it helps it soak up the juices a little better on the front-end. I really have no proof of this, but it's just the way my brain works.

That morning before work throw the following ingredients in to the crock pot:

Chicken
2 cups Chicken Broth
Taco Seasoning from Kit
Ranch Seasoning

I personally like to pre-mix my dry ingredients before adding to the crock pot.

Cook on low 6 hours. Pull chicken apart with fork to shred.

When you get home from work the chicken is done, don't forget to shred it! Pull out your optional ingredients and use the tortillas from the kit. We buy the soft taco kits, but this will work with the hard shells too!

This usually feeds the three of us for dinner and we also have leftovers for lunch the next day!

SO EASY and SO YUMMY! Enjoy! 

No comments: