Curls and Pearls

A Mommy Blog

Popular Posts

Monday, May 11, 2015

Just Be You

Or not...JUST BE YOU!


Growing up I spent a lot more time than I care to admit trying (and failing) to fit in with the so-called popular crowd.

If I only manage to ever teach mini-d one thing I pray that I can teach her to just be herself. JUST BE YOU. God made each and every one of us unique and perfect in our own way. EMBRACE IT! LOVE IT! ROCK IT!

I'm so glad as an adult I have finally just decided to embrace the quirky, awkward, weirdness that is totally me. My only wish is that I could go back and re-claim all of those years I spent laying in bed at night worrying about trying to be someone I wasn't.

Daddy-D and I listened to an excellent speaker the other night at a banquet we attended for my job. I honestly don't know that I have ever heard a better speaker. He was speaking on being a servant leader, but he made so many valid points. No one is going to care who the quarterback of your high school football team was or if you were the homecoming queen. You know who I remember most from high school? The people who were the nicest to me. The people that were the most comfortable in their own skin, you could just tell. Those people were the happiest, they had the most fun. Not the ones out partying in a field on Saturday night because it was the cool thing to do.

That leads me to another thought...don't grow up too fast. The world has young girls and even boys thinking that they should look and act like teenagers by the time they're 10 (or younger) and our teenagers think they are grown adults. Why don't we just let them be little. Have fun, get dirty, who cares. Let them use their imagination. Don't put limits on their dreams. Anything is possible. Anything.

I look at mini-d and I see such a pure and one of a kind little soul. She walks left when everyone else is walking right. It is one of my very favorite qualities about her. I pray she never loses that part of herself. That she never feels inferior to others just because she is different.

Let your individuality shine with disregard to what everyone else thinks. Be you.

Much Love, Misti

No comments: